FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Frequently asked questions

Can I order custom sizes?


Yes, you can order our photographs in custom sizes, all you need to do is contact us. You can also commission a piece of artwork. We will send you prices and options when you contact us.




How do I know when to expect my order?


We aim for original artwork to arrive within 2 weeks and printed photos to arrive within 3-5 working days. You will receive a tracking number once your parcel is received by our courier so you will know when to expect your delivery. If you have ordered a frame, our frames are handmade so dispatch times can sometimes be delayed. We will email you if orders are delayed.




Can I order a photo unframed?


Yes, just contact us!




Can I commission a piece?


Of course! Just contact us and we can chat to you about your vision.




Can I see the artwork in real life?


Yes of course, we are based in Newquay.




What is a certificate of authenticity?


Authenticity in art is extremely important to an artist's integrity and work. This certificate provides an extra layer of value and trust and gurantees that the art has been created by Philly, derived from her own observation, imagination, sketch or photograph. You will recieve one with every original and limited edition piece of art.




How do you help towards sustainability?


Each artwork and print is created with love and care, and supports our partnership with Hometree. For every print and artwork purchased, we donate a portion of the profits and plant one tree for each sale to help support the earth. All our prints are on Hahnemühle Hemp paper which as a plant is much more eco-friendly and sustainable than tree paper. When painting, Philly recycles and re-uses everything possible, she never buys single use plastics and uses wooden or cardboard palettes. She re-uses store bought tins as pouring cups, which are later recycled. As well as this, our packaging is all recycled and recyclable from our mailing boxes to our tape. Read more about Philly's conscious efforts towards a better, healthy world here.




What is hemp paper and why is it eco-friendly?


We use Hahnemühle hemp paper for all our prints. Hemp is made from is made from 60% hemp fibres and 40% cotton. It is more eco-friendly and sustainable than tree paper, as hemp can be produced much quicker than trees. Did you know?:

  • 1 acre of Hemp can produce as much paper as 4-10 acres of trees over a 20 year cycle.

  • Hemp stalks grow in 4 months, whereas trees take 20-80 years.

  • Hemp has higher concentration of cellulose than wood, the principal ingredient in paper. Trees are made up of only 30% cellulose, requiring the use of toxic chemicals to remove the other 70%. Hemp, on the other hand, can have up to 85% cellulose content. Wider use of hemp paper can help sustainability efforts to reduce deforestation.

You can trust that your print will match the quality of regular paper, whilst knowing that you are contributing to a more sustainable world by choosing hemp paper. With its premium matt inkjet coating, hemp meets the highest industry standards regarding density, colour gamut, colour graduation and image sharpness while preserving the special touch and feel of genuine art paper.





ocean inspired photographer and artist based in Cornwall, UK

© 2020 Philly Stokes

info@phillystokes.com

  • Black Instagram Icon